A recent study from ad agency Leo Burnett and its digital arm ARC Worldwide reveals new data on what the social customer really wants from his or her shopping experience.
Specifically, the study, entitled SocialShop, identifies six shopper archtypes:
- Savvy Passionista – These people are social trendsetter and influence other’s shopping behavior. They stay in the know and express their opinions to others via social networks.
- Opportunistic Adventurer – She is your impulse shopper always on the hunt for great deals. The folks at Groupon love her because looks for the unexpected.
- Quality Devotee – It’s all about finding the best product available, and this shopper will spare no time or expense to achieve that goal.
- Strategic Saver – This person is a comparison shopper and will dig for deals.
- Efficient Sprinter – Saving time is the modus operandi for this shopper. As long as social media assists in that way, he will use it.
- Dollar Defaulter – This shopper has a single quest: find the cheapest deals around. Brand loyalty is not a factor where she is concerned.
viaSix Types of Social Shopper; What Leo Burnett Says Brands Need to Know [inforgraphic] | Social Commerce Today.